Report: Seahawks to release Rice
The move was expected. Rice, 27, played in just eight games this past season before suffering a season-ending knee injury. He finished with 15 receptions for 231 yards and three touchdowns.
Rice is due $17.5 million in base salary over the next two seasons, ESPN reported.
Rice spent his first four NFL seasons with the Minnesota Vikings. He signed a five-year $41 million deal with Seattle as a free agent in 2011.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Michael Bennett on his new deal with the Seahawks March 10
- Michael Bennett signs 4-year deal to stay in Seattle March 10
- Michael Bennett expected to sign with Bears… Wait, no, never mind March 10
- Report: Red Bryant heading to Jacksonville March 8
- Seahawks place second-round tender on WR Doug Baldwin March 7
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.