Report: Seahawks to release Rice
The move was expected. Rice, 27, played in just eight games this past season before suffering a season-ending knee injury. He finished with 15 receptions for 231 yards and three touchdowns.
Rice is due $17.5 million in base salary over the next two seasons, ESPN reported.
Rice spent his first four NFL seasons with the Minnesota Vikings. He signed a five-year $41 million deal with Seattle as a free agent in 2011.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Quotes from Pete Carroll's Super Bowl arrival press conference Jan. 25
- Report: Seahawks defensive coordinator Dan Quinn to be named Falcons head coach on Feb. 2 Jan. 25
- Transcript of a very strange Bill Belichick press conference Jan. 24
- Quotes from Pete Carroll's Friday press conference Jan. 23
- Seahawks GM John Schneider talks Marshawn Lynch, Percy Harvin trade, Russell Wilson and more Jan. 23
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.