Report: Seahawks to release Rice
The move was expected. Rice, 27, played in just eight games this past season before suffering a season-ending knee injury. He finished with 15 receptions for 231 yards and three touchdowns.
Rice is due $17.5 million in base salary over the next two seasons, ESPN reported.
Rice spent his first four NFL seasons with the Minnesota Vikings. He signed a five-year $41 million deal with Seattle as a free agent in 2011.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- O'Brien Schofield signs with Falcons March 12
- Jimmy Graham talks about being traded to the Seahawks March 12
- Report: Stefen Wisniewski, a possible Max Unger replacement, will visit Seahawks March 11
- John Schneider talks some more about the Jimmy Graham trade on 710 ESPN Seattle March 11
- Seahawks coach Pete Carroll and GM John Schneider discuss the Jimmy Graham trade March 10
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.