Edmonds bond and levy results will be announced Feb. 25
Newly counted ballots were a few from military and overseas voters and some from people who repaired signature problems with their ballots.
Elections officials posted updated returns on Friday, Feb. 21, and will post more Monday before final certification of the results Tuesday morning, Feb. 25.
Support for the School District's renewal of a maintenance-and-operations levy, which needs a simple majority to pass, grew from 62.88 percent election night, to 65.24 Friday, Feb. 21.
The District's bond issue for school construction and renovation, which needs a 60 percent majority to pass, grew in support from 61.16 percent election night to 63.22 percent Feb. 14 to 63.24 percent Friday.
The Edmonds School District, including Brier, Edmonds, Lynnwood, Mountlake Terrace, Woodway and nearby unincorporated areas, had the sixth best ballot-return rate of the 13 Snohomish County districts with propositions on the ballot.
Most recent South County Politics posts
- Sen. Chase wants state protection of insurance shareholders Jan. 26
- State Rep. Stanford heads Legislative Accountability Committee Jan. 22
- Meadowdale student finishes week as page in State Senate Jan. 21
- Rep. Peterson asks legislators to honor MLK by helping schools Jan. 20
- Lynnwood Transportation Board to discuss options Tuesday Jan. 19
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.