Are you missing a Hume's pheasant?
A reader in South Snohomish County sent this photo to us. This Hume's pheasant has been hanging around her yard and eating her birdseed. This type of pheasant is native to Asia.
It's likely this bird escaped from a breeder or other pheasant fancier — and it may be missed.
If you know anything about it, drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Take a guided kayak tour on Lake Sammamish, learn about wildlife March 5
- Outdoor events: Pack light, learn about slugs, Fred Beckey, more March 5
- Little Si is a short, sweet trail you can do nearly year-round March 3
- Show us your best shots for winter photo contest March 3
- Audubon butterfly app is free today Feb. 28
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.