Stevens Pass highway, ski area closed
The closure applies to the area between mileposts 58 to 64.5. The highway is projected to reopen at 1 p.m., according to the transportation department.
The Stevens Pass ski area is closed for the day because of the road closure and avalanche conditions, according to the resort website. One lift, Hogsback, remains open for those who made it there before the road closure.
Most recent Street Smarts posts
- Downhill approach need a warning beacon? Wait and see April 16
- Ferry schedule system stops working, can't take summer reservations April 15
- Safer crosswalk coming to 164th at I-5 April 10
- New bus lane to ease flow on Highway 99 at Airport Road April 9
- Expect longer wait for Edmonds ferry for 2 weeks April 7
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.