The helicopter team is someone you never want to need. If you do, though, you'll be very grateful they exist.
A couple events are coming up where you can support the team.
First, on Tuesday, March 11, see "Gorging: A Canyoneering Documentary" at 7:30 p.m. at Second Ascent in Seattle. Donations at the event will support the helicopter team. The documentary explores canyoneering through the stories of four different canyoneers. Get more info here.
Second, on Saturday, April 19, is the Support the Last Resort fundraiser dinner and auction at the Mountaineers program Center in Seattle. Get all the details and buy tickets, or simply donate, here.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- How to find a campsite for Fourth of July weekend June 30
- Volunteers needed in Henry M. Jackson, Wild Sky and Alpine Lakes wildernesses June 26
- What a smoke-jumper sees when leaping from a plane June 25
- Volunteers needed this weekend at fire lookout near Darrington June 25
- Upcoming outdoor events June 21
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.