CT Darrington bus to stop at Sauk-Suiattle
There will be four trips each weekday, each direction. For specific schedule information, visit www.communitytransit.org/darrington.
The stop was requested by the Sauk-Suiattle Tribe after Community Transit added the bus to Darrington following the March 22 Oso landslide, which blocked Highway 530.
The bus will continue to serve the reservation as long as the emergency route operates, Community Transit spokesman Martin Munguia said.
Community Transit staff plan to attend a community meeting at 7 p.m. Thursday in Darrington to answer questions about emergency bus service and available vanpool options.
Community Transit will provide a seven-to-15 passenger van to groups who are traveling to the same or approximate destinations so they can share the ride and the cost. The group must provide a driver, or share the driving duties among its participants.
For details contact Community Transit at www.communitytransit.org/vanpool or call 888-814-1300.
- Searchers never lost hope that Kris Regelbrugge would be found 7/23/14
- Personal items buried by Oso mudslide handled with care 7/22/14
- No clear single cause of Oso mudslide, geologists say 7/22/14
- Identity of last Oso mudslide victim confirmed 7/22/14
- Joint county-state panel to probe mudslide events 7/21/14
- Mariners to salute Oso residents, rescuers 7/16/14
- Camp Killoqua opens its doors to kids from Oso, Darrington 7/14/14
- Explore NW: Kids head outside to study Oso slide and natural resources 7/14/14
- Oso clean-up concern: What about the last victim? 7/11/14
- A road paved by community 7/10/14
- WSU interns from Arlington giving back after slide 7/8/14
- Oso landowner drove a hard bargain after mudslide 7/8/14
- Oso debris cleanup starts again 7/7/14
- Driving Highway 530: 'Approach it with ... deep respect' 7/6/14
- 1st lawsuit filed against county, state over mudslide 7/1/14
- One bend of the Stillaguamish River is a known danger for slides 6/26/14
- Front Porch: Resolution honors mudslide victims 6/25/14
- 6-month ban on new construction near Oso slide OK’d 6/25/14
- County Council to take up land use in slide areas 6/24/14
- Oso mudslide put search dogs and handlers to the test 6/23/14
Most recent Street Smarts posts
- Bickford Avenue overpass to be closed Thursday night May 14
- Expect delays on Highway 9 bridge over Snohomish River May 2
- Construction work on 44th Avenue in Lynnwood starts Monday April 30
- Lane closure to affect Lynnwood-area street April 30
- Lane closures planned on 113th Drive in Lake Stevens April 29
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.