Obama declares major disaster in Oso
The declaration makes programs available to help individuals and businesses affected by the March 22 slide that killed more than two dozen people.
Washington Gov. Jay Inslee said Wednesday that the declaration also provides help for debris removal and emergency measures such as barricades, sand bags and safety personnel.
In asking for more federal assistance, Inslee said in his request Monday that about 30 families need help with housing and other needs.
Inslee has said estimated financial losses have reached $10 million.
- Runners gather for 5K benefit for Oso first responders 7/28/14
- As Oso couple rebuild their lives, they focus on the good 7/27/14
- Oso mudslide victims honored at Mariners game 7/27/14
- 12-member Oso mudslide commission announced 7/25/14
- Commission to look into Oso mudslide, emergency response 7/24/14
- Searchers never lost hope that Kris Regelbrugge would be found 7/23/14
- Personal items buried by Oso mudslide handled with care 7/22/14
- No clear single cause of Oso mudslide, geologists say 7/22/14
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.