Seahawks offseason workout dates announced
Here are all the dates for Seattle:
First day: April 21
OTA Offseason Workout: May 27-29, June 2-3, June 5, June 9-12
Mandatory Minicamp June 17-19
And here’s how the collective bargaining agreement defines the phases of offseason workouts:
Phase One consists of the first two weeks of the program with activities limited to strength and conditioning and physical rehabilitation only.
Phase Two consists of the next three weeks of the program. On-field workouts may include individual player instruction and drills as well as team practice conducted on a “separates” basis. No live contact or team offense vs. team defense drills are permitted.
Phase Three consists of the next four weeks of the program. Teams may conduct a total of 10 days of organized team practice activity, or “OTAs”. No live contact is permitted, but 7-on-7, 9-on-7, and 11-on-11 drills are permitted.
Article 22 of the Collective Bargaining Agreement stipulates that clubs may hold one mandatory minicamp for veteran players. This minicamp, noted below, must occur during Phase Three of the offseason program. Head coaches hired after the end of the 2013 season are also entitled to conduct an additional voluntary veteran minicamp.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Quotes from Pete Carroll's Monday Super Bowl week press conference Jan. 26
- Pete Carroll and Seahawks players stick up for their silent (and occasionally crotch-grabbing) running back Jan. 26
- Seahawks players not bothered by Brandon Browner's "try to break it" comment Jan. 26
- Brandon Browner says Patriots should go after Sherman and Thomas injuries Jan. 26
- Quotes from Richard Sherman, Michael Bennett, Russell Wilson, Earl Thomas, Russell Okung and Jermaine Kearse Jan. 25
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.