Seahawks sign long snapper Jorgen Hus
Hus signed with St. Louis as an undrafted rookie last year, but was released before the start of the season. According to the Leader-Post, Ryan and Hus are friends and work out in the offseason together, which likely had to do with the Seahawks noticing Hus.
Hus will have to beat out Clint Gresham to stick around in Seattle. Gresham signed a two-year deal with the Seahawks prior to last season, and is due $750,000 in 2014. While not a minimum-salary deal, Gresham's contract is hardly big enough to put him at risk of the Seahawks making a cost-cutting decision, so for Hus to earn a job, he'd have to legitimately beat out Gresham for the job.
Oh, and Hus has a long-snapping trick shot video, because, well, why not?
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Transcript of a very strange Bill Belichick press conference Jan. 24
- Quotes from Pete Carroll's Friday press conference Jan. 23
- Seahawks GM John Schneider talks Marshawn Lynch, Percy Harvin trade, Russell Wilson and more Jan. 23
- Seahawks-Patriots Friday injury report Jan. 23
- Seahawks announce sendoff information for Sunday Jan. 23
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.