Tulip Festival continues in the Skagit Valley
If you go, visit the bulb growers first. That’s your best bet to find color as many of the fields may not have bloomed yet.
Stop at the Roozen family’s Washington Bulb Co./Roozengarde at 15867 Beaver Marsh Road or the DeGoede family’s Skagit Valley Bulb Farm/Tulip Town at 15002 Bradshaw Road.
Admission is $5 for adults but free for children at both places.
Order bulbs, buy a bouquet, pick up a free field tour map and check out the display gardens.
After you photograph the nearby fields of tulips, visit some of the surrounding cities for festival exhibits:
- Anacortes Quilt Walk, with quilts displayed in most shops, is located in downtown Anacortes.
- Anacortes Arts Festival has a show that begins April 5, 611 R Ave., Anacortes.
- Art in a Pickle Barn, celebrating its 25th year, is displayed at Azusa Farm, 14904 Highway 20, west of Mount Vernon.
- The Art Bash show is at the Farmhouse restaurant, 13724 La Conner-Whitney Road.
- Art in the Schoolhouse is at Christianson’s Nursery, 15806 Best Road, west of Mount Vernon.
- The Art Walk along Fairhaven Avenue is located various locations in downtown Burlington.
- The annual Woodfest featuring woodworking, is located at Sedro-Wooley High School, 1235 Third St.
- Skagit County has many fine restaurants and little eateries, but you will do yourself a favor to hit the Kiwanis salmon barbecue, beginning April 5 at Hillcrest Lodge 1717 S. 13th St., Mount Vernon.
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.