Machinists chip in for gas cards
The slide shut down Highway 530 between Oso and Darrington. There is no timetable for re-opening the road to through traffic. A temporary road has been opened to support recovery efforts and emergency services.
With Highway 530 shut down, residents west of the slide have to take a long detour to the north. The extra mileage is pinching peopleís pocketbooks, so the gas cards are a very practical donation.
Dan Catchpole: 425-339-3454; email@example.com; Twitter: @dcatchpole.
- Nothing could keep Riley Brunner, then 16, from his dadís side 3/16/15
- As the Oso mudslideís one-year mark approaches, emotions run high 3/16/15
- Was Oso mudslide nature's mystery or man's mistake? 3/15/15
- After a year in the mudslide zone, Elaine Young finds peace in acts of kindness 3/15/15
- During Oso mudslide chaos and despair, Travis Hots was a trusted voice 3/15/15
- Wildfire resources may cover mudslides and other disasters 3/15/15
- Oso mudslide survivor Amanda Skorjanc pushes through the pain 3/13/15
- Rafting company holds off on trips past Oso mudslide 3/13/15
- $7 million spent in Oso relief; some critical of process 3/11/15
- Permanent cables link Arlington, Darrington once again 3/10/15
- Early post-mudslide video shows a wet, sloughing scarp 3/8/15
- Scientists have much more digging to do at Oso mudslide 3/8/15
- Progress being made on mudslide commission's key recommendations 3/6/15
- Oso, surrounding communities to receive state Medal of Valor 3/2/15
- Progress that honors victims 3/1/15
- Landslide Forum aims to bridge knowledge gap 2/28/15
- Senate passes bill for expanded mapping of hazardous areas 2/27/15
- Bicycle ride alters course to raise funds for slide victims 2/25/15
- Mudslide communities to be awarded state Medal of Valor 2/19/15
- Deadline extended for people to donate to mudslide relief effort 2/17/15
Most recent Aerospace blog posts
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.