Snohomish’s Nyquist headed to Regis
Nyquist orginally visited Regis and the school’s women’s lacrosse coach Sarah Kellner in January as a lacrosse recruit. But while there, she talked with the Rangers cross country coach, John Esquibel, about running as well. Both coaches agreed that Nyquist should go out for both sports.
“It’ll be a lot of work especially in being in the nursing program,” Nyquist said. “If I’m busy I do better.”
Nyquist, who plays as a midfielder and defender, said it’ll be an honor playing for Kellner, a former All-American at Cornell.
Nyquist was named 2013 All-State and 2014 Preseason All-State in lacrosse and was All-Wesco in cross country.
But after all of the work on the field and on the course, it’s the close-knit community that Nyquist discovered at Regis that makes her feel right at home.
“I feel like the school is very close and all about building your character and helping with all of the college experiences whether its academics, athletics or otherwise,” Nyquist said.
“I hope to have the same experience at Regis as I’ve had at Snohomish.”
Most recent Prep Zone posts
- MP's Kleiner commits to Trinity Lutheran March 25
- Jackson vs. Bellevue baseball at UW among Wednesday's rain outs March 25
- Live video: Mountlake Terrace vs. Lynnwood baseball March 24
- Washington Journalism Education Association Podcast (Session 2) March 24
- Washington Journalism Education Association Podcast (First session) March 23
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.