Snohomish’s Nyquist headed to Regis
Nyquist orginally visited Regis and the school’s women’s lacrosse coach Sarah Kellner in January as a lacrosse recruit. But while there, she talked with the Rangers cross country coach, John Esquibel, about running as well. Both coaches agreed that Nyquist should go out for both sports.
“It’ll be a lot of work especially in being in the nursing program,” Nyquist said. “If I’m busy I do better.”
Nyquist, who plays as a midfielder and defender, said it’ll be an honor playing for Kellner, a former All-American at Cornell.
Nyquist was named 2013 All-State and 2014 Preseason All-State in lacrosse and was All-Wesco in cross country.
But after all of the work on the field and on the course, it’s the close-knit community that Nyquist discovered at Regis that makes her feel right at home.
“I feel like the school is very close and all about building your character and helping with all of the college experiences whether its academics, athletics or otherwise,” Nyquist said.
“I hope to have the same experience at Regis as I’ve had at Snohomish.”
Most recent Prep Zone posts
- Prep Athletes of the Week 2/15-2/21 Feb. 23
- Regional basketball schedule Feb. 22
- Regional Basketball Pairings Feb. 21
- Live video: Glacier Peak vs. Stanwood boys basketball (3A District 1 championship) Feb. 21
- Live video: Glacier Peak vs. Lynnwood girls basketball (3A District 1 championship) Feb. 21
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.