Haugen named to Public Works Board
Gov. Jay Inslee on Wednesday appointed Haugen and Lisa Wellman to the 13-member Public Works Board. Members serve four-year terms and receive no compensation but can be reimbursed for travel expenses.
The board provides low-interest loans to cities, counties, tribes and special districts for construction of sewer and water systems and other public infrastructure.
Haugen, a Democrat, spent 30 years in the Legislature and served in both the House and Senate. Sen. Barbara Bailey, R-Oak Harbor, unseated Haugen in the 2012 election.
Most recent The Petri Dish posts
- Seahawks fans snap up special license plates Jan. 7
- Survey finds favor among voters for Inslee tax plans Jan. 6
- New license plates aid college students, cancer screening Jan. 2
- Inslee proposes transportation plan with carbon tax Dec. 16
- Inslee outlines plan to pump $2.3 billion into education Dec. 15
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.