Richard Sherman’s influence, the NFL schedule, and other Seahawks links
Before we look at Wednesday’s news, an interesting item from this morning: Richard Sherman was named one of Time Magazine’s 100 most influential people. So again, if you’ve ever doubted that the “controversial” cornerback knows exactly what he’s doing, his inclusion as one of only a handful of athletes on this list should serve as a reminder that Sherman is control.
Sherman was also one of the players who spoke at Harvard Wednesday as part of a entrepreneurship forum. You can read a bit more about what Sherman had to say here and here.
If you somehow missed it, the NFL schedule came out Wednesday. Here’s our story breaking down Seattle's schedule.
Also on the schedule, Peter King of TheMMQB.com has a good behind-the-scenes look at how the schedule was made, including a note that the Seahawks almost got stuck with a brutal three-game stretch that would have had them flying 11,010 miles in 15 days. King also notes that the Broncos were considered for Seattle’s Week 1 opponent, but the league thought that was a risky choice given the lopsided nature of the Super Bowl.
And speaking of blowouts, Curtis Crabtree has a story at ProFootballTalk.com that says the Seahawks have only one primetime game at home in part because the NFL is wary of doing so after watching Seattle roll to so many blowout wins in home primetime games over the past two seasons.
In non-schedule news:
Scot McLoughan, one of the Seahawks’ top personnel evaluators, is stepping down to tend to a family matter.
Marcus Trufant signed with Seattle so he can retire as a Seahawk today.
Russell Wilson released a statement that he filing for divorce from his wife, Ashton.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Katy Perry texts with Russell Wilson, imitates Marshawn Lynch, likes the Seahawks Sunday Jan. 29
- Pete Carroll on New England's use of unusual formations: 'it's on us to see it' Jan. 29
- Richard Sherman hoping his unborn son is a “disciplined young man” until after Super Bowl Jan. 29
- Pete Carroll admits 'it's going to be a big challenge' sustaining success after Russell Wilson gets paid Jan. 29
- Marshawn Lynch speaks up to ask media 'what are y'all here for?' Jan. 29
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.