District Court election likely to cause vacancy in Edmonds
With Fair running unopposed, an Edmonds vacancy is almost certain.
Fair says that he would stay on the job in Edmonds until he began his term as district court judge Jan. 12.
That would leave 48 days after the Nov. 25 certification of election results for Edmonds Mayor Dave Earling to nominate a municipal court judge and the City Council to confirm him or her. The appointed municipal court judge would serve through the November 2015 election, when voters would choose someone to fill the last two years of the term that Fair won in 2013.
Most recent South County Politics posts
- Meadowdale student finishes week as page in State Senate Jan. 21
- Rep. Peterson asks legislators to honor MLK by helping schools Jan. 20
- Lynnwood Transportation Board to discuss options Tuesday Jan. 19
- 2015 committee assignments for South Snohomish County legislators Jan. 16
- Edmonds seeks applicants for council vacancy through Feb. 2 Jan. 14
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.