District Court election likely to cause vacancy in Edmonds
With Fair running unopposed, an Edmonds vacancy is almost certain.
Fair says that he would stay on the job in Edmonds until he began his term as district court judge Jan. 12.
That would leave 48 days after the Nov. 25 certification of election results for Edmonds Mayor Dave Earling to nominate a municipal court judge and the City Council to confirm him or her. The appointed municipal court judge would serve through the November 2015 election, when voters would choose someone to fill the last two years of the term that Fair won in 2013.
Most recent South County Politics posts
- Republicans, Democrats take different views on selecting presidential candidates April 28
- Candidates can file by mail starting Monday April 24
- State Reps. Kagi, Ortiz-Self, Ryu not surprised about special session April 23
- Workshop for potential 2015 local candidates Tuesday in Everett April 20
- State Democrats look at caucus system for presidential nomination April 16
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.