Tips lock up Love
Love is, of course, one of the most popular figures in franchise history -- his name is still shouted out by the home fans at Comcast Arena during the Canadian national anthem. He was a cult figure as a player during Everett's first two seasons from 2003-05 because of his battling style, captaining the team in 04-05 during head coach Kevin Constantine's first stint with the team. Then after a six-year professional career he returned to Everett as an assistant in 2011. He's entering his fourth season behind the bench for the Tips.
Love's extension comes right on the heels of fellow assistant coach Mark LeRose's departure. LeRose stepped down last month to become the general manager of the USHL's Sioux City Musketeers. That position is yet to be filled.
Most recent Silvertips blog posts
- Season-ending blog series April 22
- Notes from exit meetings April 20
- Game 5: Portland 3, Everett 2, Hawks take the series April 19
- Game 5: Everett vs. Portland lineup notes April 19
- Game 4: Portland 2, Everett 1 (OT) April 17
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.