What's in your closet?
Does your wardrobe reflect your professionalism? Does it take you from office to evening outing? Do your clothes show off your particular style?
An informal poll of Snohomish County women in their late 20s and early 30s resulted in the following list of 10 wardrobe essentials worth collecting by the time you are 30.
1. Jeans. A good pair that look good with boots or heels, or, if you are so inclined, flats or sandals. Pair the jeans with a neutral-colored (gray, white, beige) fitted T-shirt. Top it with a black jacket that looks nice with the sleeves rolled up.
2. Black slacks. They always look put together and go with just about anything, such as your favorite sweater or the aforementioned black jacket.
3. Coat. Since we're talking jackets, a dress raincoat is an important year-round piece in Western Washington's rainy calendar.
4. Little black dress. And one that easily moves from the conference room to cocktail hour is all the better.
5. White shirt. A crisp cotton or linen button-down shirt. Again, it goes with just about anything, even Bermuda shorts.
6. Pencil skirt. Gray is a fine color, but any neutral will do. The tailored skirt looks good on most women, especially with a nice kick pleat or well-crafted vent in the back for easy walking and sitting. A good pair of black pumps is an essential to pair with the skirt.
7. Floral dress. It's summer. Wear it to picnics and weddings.
8. Scarf. A pretty scarf that can wind around your neck and be large enough to double as an evening wrap.
9. Handbag. It's time to get a big girl's purse. It doesn't have to be a Coach, but a roomy leather bag is best.
10. Jewelry. This is where your style shines and color comes in. Our model, Amanda Bomba, likes to wear fused-glass jewelry made by her sister, Laura, along with colorful rings and bracelets.
More Life Headlines
Traveler downgraded on Priceline flight TV Land pulls ‘Dukes of Hazzard’ reruns from its schedule Fishburne to star in ‘Roots’ remake U.S. win draws best men’s or women’s World Cup semifinal audience ever Today in history 7 reasons Amy Schumer would be the best Bachelorette ever Misty Copeland named first black female principal at ABT Should I install a driveway alarm?
Our to-do list full of ideas for your weekend
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.