Crews rushed to the Beverly Village Apartments at 801 75th St., shortly after 2 a.m. to find flames coming from a first-floor apartment, assistant fire marshal Eric Hicks said.
As they tried to extinguish the blaze, it spread to the building's second and third floors, as well as the attic. By the time the fire was out, 12 apartments had suffered damage: three from the fire itself, the rest from smoke and water.
No one was injured, Hicks said. The Snohomish County chapter of the American Red Cross was helping the displaced.
Fire investigators had not yet determined the cause of the blaze, he said.
Most recent Sirens posts
- Social media iPhone prank ties up local 911 call centers July 2
- Marysville bicyclist dies of injuries from collision with car June 30
- Three shot after argument in fast-food parking lot in Everett June 29
- Kenmore man drowns in Snohomish River June 29
- Delayed emergency dispatch software to go live in October June 26
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.