Sweet science book makes summer fun
For the past few weeks my husband and kids have been obsessed with a book called “Candy Experiments” by local author Loralee Leavitt. It combines science and candy into a confection of fun.
Every evening when my husband comes home, he brings new candy from the office vending machine. They've done over twenty experiments so far—and sampled the goods along the way. Some of the kids’ favorites have included dissolving peppermints and Halley’s Comet M&M’s.
What’s especially cool is that King County Libraries is offering free hands-on workshops with Loralee and her candy experiments this summer. Advanced registration is required. You can find out more information right here.
Most recent I Brake for Moms posts
- Are you changing your child’s digital destiny? March 1
- Help your local Girl Scout, even if you order online Feb. 22
- Fed up with the squirrel show out my back window Feb. 15
- Traveling without your children requires keeping guilt at bay Feb. 8
- Some of us aren't football crazy; please don't hold it against us Feb. 1
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.