Mariners recall Taylor and Montero from Tacoma
Taylor, who began his professional career in Everett in 2012, will hit ninth tonight and play shortstop in his Major League Debut. He was hitting .328 in Tacoma this season with five home runs, 22 doubles, 7 triples, 37 RBI, and 14 stolen bases. Montero has appeared in five games with the Mariners in June, hitting .286, and in Tacoma was hitting .310 with 15 home runs, 23 doubles, and 69 RBI. He’ll be the DH and hit sixth tonight.
Though with Kendrys Morales expected to join the team Friday, it’s likely that this is a quick stay for Montero, who is could end up back in Tacoma to make room for Morales.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Katy Perry texts with Russell Wilson, imitates Marshawn Lynch, likes the Seahawks Sunday Jan. 29
- Pete Carroll on New England's use of unusual formations: 'it's on us to see it' Jan. 29
- Richard Sherman hoping his unborn son is a “disciplined young man” until after Super Bowl Jan. 29
- Pete Carroll admits 'it's going to be a big challenge' sustaining success after Russell Wilson gets paid Jan. 29
- Marshawn Lynch speaks up to ask media 'what are y'all here for?' Jan. 29
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.