Jesse Williams placed on IR, Marshawn Lynch on the field, and other roster notes
Williams, considered a late-first to early-second-round talent coming out of college, was only available in the fifth round because of concerns about his knees, which have now cost him the first two seasons of his career.
Williams is the second player placed on IR in as many days, with tight end Anthony McCoy also out for the season because of an Achilles injury. Like Williams, McCoy will miss a second-straight season, though McCoy actually injured his other Achilles in 2013.
The Seahawks also released recently signed receiver Randall Carroll, and signed linebacker Marcus Dotwin. Dotwin, who entered the league as an undrafted free agent in 2012 with the New York Jets, has also spent time with Philadelphia, Buffalo and the New York Giants. He has appeared in 11 games and recorded 10 career tackles.
And finally, Marshawn Lynch was back on the field, as expected, though he didn’t go through practice. With the Seahawks having a mock game Saturday, it’s pretty unlikely he sees any action tomorrow either.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seven Seahawks ruled out for Sunday’s game, but none traded Oct. 24
- Seahawks coach Pete Carroll on Marysville-Pilchuck shooting: 'Our hearts are out to everybody involved' Oct. 24
- Seahawks’ special teams coordinator Brian Schneider calls Sunday’s loss, ‘a perfect storm’ Oct. 23
- Michael Bennett and Bryan Walters added to Seahawks' Thursday injury report Oct. 23
- Seahawks getting huge ratings numbers in 2014 Oct. 23
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.