Jesse Williams placed on IR, Marshawn Lynch on the field, and other roster notes
Williams, considered a late-first to early-second-round talent coming out of college, was only available in the fifth round because of concerns about his knees, which have now cost him the first two seasons of his career.
Williams is the second player placed on IR in as many days, with tight end Anthony McCoy also out for the season because of an Achilles injury. Like Williams, McCoy will miss a second-straight season, though McCoy actually injured his other Achilles in 2013.
The Seahawks also released recently signed receiver Randall Carroll, and signed linebacker Marcus Dotwin. Dotwin, who entered the league as an undrafted free agent in 2012 with the New York Jets, has also spent time with Philadelphia, Buffalo and the New York Giants. He has appeared in 11 games and recorded 10 career tackles.
And finally, Marshawn Lynch was back on the field, as expected, though he didn’t go through practice. With the Seahawks having a mock game Saturday, it’s pretty unlikely he sees any action tomorrow either.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Bruce Irvin and Jimmy Graham appear to have buried the hatchet April 13
- No, Russell Wilson isn’t going to play baseball April 13
- Seahawks preseason schedule announced April 9
- Seahawks DE Michael Bennett denies trade report; still ‘feels the same way’ about Jimmy Graham April 9
- Lloyd McClendon ‘much more comfortable’ with Mariners’ current lineup vs. lefties April 7
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.