87-year-old nudist spices up Election Day
Unhappy that so many candidates are running unopposed, an 87-year-old nudist named Dave Olinger decided to do something about it. He's running as a write-in candidate for Island County sheriff.
All Olinger needs to keep the dream alive is to win 1 percent of the vote cast for sheriff Tuesday, which should equate to about 180 write-in votes.
His opponent, incumbent Sheriff Mark Brown, says he welcomes the competition.
"People need to take a good look at any candidate,” he said.
Since Olinger is an 87-year-old nudist, Brown might want to rethink that statement.
See the full story at the Whidbey News-Times.
Most recent Web Monkey posts
- Boeing, let's not get emotional about those tax breaks March 20
- Do we need a woman president before a woman goes on the $20? March 13
- Fight the hockey leagues and you might lose your teeth March 6
- We do a meaningless poll for free; state does it for $11.5 million Feb. 27
- 'The Marshawn Lynch Story' gets a bad review from its leading man Feb. 26
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.