87-year-old nudist spices up Election Day
Unhappy that so many candidates are running unopposed, an 87-year-old nudist named Dave Olinger decided to do something about it. He's running as a write-in candidate for Island County sheriff.
All Olinger needs to keep the dream alive is to win 1 percent of the vote cast for sheriff Tuesday, which should equate to about 180 write-in votes.
His opponent, incumbent Sheriff Mark Brown, says he welcomes the competition.
"People need to take a good look at any candidate,” he said.
Since Olinger is an 87-year-old nudist, Brown might want to rethink that statement.
See the full story at the Whidbey News-Times.
Most recent Web Monkey posts
- Fumbling toward a more logical marijuana industry April 17
- Want to mail your taxes at midnight? It'll be a long drive April 14
- Video features speedy boats from Kenmore Hydroplane Cup April 13
- How to catch your breath in allergy season April 10
- You're letting yourself believe in the Mariners, aren't you? April 3
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.