What to watch and read as the Seahawks kick off preseason play tonight
Apparently in Denver folks are taking this seriously with the Denver Post going with a headline on its sports page saying “It’s a matter of pride”
Is it though?
Would the Broncos winning tonight really make up for a 35-point Super Bowl beat down? Of course not, no matter what they’re saying in Denver.
But just because the result doesn’t matter, that doesn’t mean the game doesn’t still have some significance. In today’s Herald, we give you a handful of things to keep an eye on tonight.
Also, you’ll probably see a lot about rookie Brock Coyle. If you missed it, we had this on him last weekend. Another player worth keeping an eye on tonight is Greg Scruggs, who has looked good in camp after missing last year with a torn ACL.
Seahawks.com has video of Russell Wilson, Earl Thomas and Doug Baldwin mic’d up in practice.
The LA Times’ Sam Farmer has this on Pete Carroll taking on the challenge of trying to keep the Seahawks on top.
From USA Today, an interview with Russell Wilson. It’s part promotional--Wilson stars in Braun’s “Face Greatness” ad campaign--but there’s some football stuff in there too, including Wilson’s thoughts on the new contract given to Cincinnati quarterback Andy Dalton.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Quotes from Pete Carroll's Super Bowl arrival press conference Jan. 25
- Report: Seahawks defensive coordinator Dan Quinn to be named Falcons head coach on Feb. 2 Jan. 25
- Transcript of a very strange Bill Belichick press conference Jan. 24
- Quotes from Pete Carroll's Friday press conference Jan. 23
- Seahawks GM John Schneider talks Marshawn Lynch, Percy Harvin trade, Russell Wilson and more Jan. 23
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.