Tigers place pitchers Sanchez, Soria on 15-day DL
Sanchez, who is 8-5 with a 3.53 ERA, left Friday's game in the fifth inning with a strained pectoral muscle and returned to Detroit on Saturday to undergo an MRI. He's expected to miss three to four weeks.
Soria, who was acquired from Texas on July 24, left Saturday's game while warming up before the 10th inning with a strained muscle in his left side. He's 1-1 with a 10.38 in six games with Detroit.
The Tigers did not make any moves to replace Sanchez and Soria, leaving their bullpen short for Sunday's series finale against the Blue Jays. Closer Joe Nathan has appeared in both games at Toronto so far, getting his sixth blown save Saturday. Detroit will add two players before Monday's game at Pittsburgh.
Left-hander Robbie Ray is expected to be promoted from Triple-A Toledo to start in Sanchez's place for Wednesday's home game against the Pirates.
- AquaSox play part in unusual All-Star game 8/10/14
- AquaSox notebook: Frogs happy to be home 8/10/14
- Jackson has 4 RBI as Mariners beat White Sox 4-2 8/10/14
- Angels’ LHP Skaggs to have Tommy John surgery; will miss 2015 season 8/10/14
- Dodgers place shortstop Ramirez on 15-day DL with oblique strain 8/10/14
- 4 Spokane pitchers combine to pitch 11-inning no-hitter against Aquasox 8/10/14
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.