Seahawks RB Marshawn Lynch named in assault investigation
No arrest has been made.
The incident, which occurred at approximately 2:30 a.m. on Sunday, took place at a downtown Bellevue apartment unit. The allegation does not involve domestic violence or sexual assault.
According to the release, Bellevue PD is “in the process of gathering facts of this alleged incident, including verifying whether or not Mr. Lynch was in fact involved.”
Lynch participated in Seattle’s practice Sunday morning. The team has the day off Monday before returning to practice Tuesday.
Here’s the full release from Bellevue PD:
On August 10, 2014, at approximately 2:20 p.m., the Bellevue Police Department received an allegation of an assault and personal property damage at a downtown Bellevue apartment unit. The incident was alleged to have occurred at 2:30 a.m. on August 10. The female victim alleged that the suspect was Marshawn T. Lynch. No domestic violence or sexual assault was involved in the allegation. The case has been assigned to a detective and is an active investigation. The Bellevue Police Department is in the process of gathering the facts of this alleged incident, including verifying whether or not Mr. Lynch was in fact involved. No arrests have been made. There is no further information available at this time.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Quotes from Pete Carroll's Super Bowl arrival press conference Jan. 25
- Report: Seahawks defensive coordinator Dan Quinn to be named Falcons head coach on Feb. 2 Jan. 25
- Transcript of a very strange Bill Belichick press conference Jan. 24
- Quotes from Pete Carroll's Friday press conference Jan. 23
- Seahawks GM John Schneider talks Marshawn Lynch, Percy Harvin trade, Russell Wilson and more Jan. 23
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.