Incumbent Moscoso holds small primary lead in 1st District
Moscoso had 44.18 percent of the votes in the top-two primary to 43.41 percent for Barton and 12.41 percent for Democrat Dave Griffin.
Barton led Moscoso in the Snohomish County part of the district, including most of Mountlake Terrace, all of Brier, the Snohomish County part of Bothell and unincorporated areas north and east of Bothell. Snohomish County voters gave Barton 44.01 percent of their votes to 42.95 percent for Moscoso and 12.73 percent for Griffin, with write-ins getting 0.31 percent
Moscoso led in the King County part of the district, including the King County part of Bothell, part of north Kirkland and unincorporated areas between Bothell and Kirkland. Moscoso took 46.50 percent of King County votes to 41.73 percent for Barton and 11.63 percent for Griffin, with 0.14 percent for write-ins.
Snohomish County officials plan an updated vote count Thursday. King County officials will update results Tuesday.
Both counties will certify final results Aug. 19.
Most recent South County Politics posts
- Republicans, Democrats take different views on selecting presidential candidates April 28
- Candidates can file by mail starting Monday April 24
- State Reps. Kagi, Ortiz-Self, Ryu not surprised about special session April 23
- Workshop for potential 2015 local candidates Tuesday in Everett April 20
- State Democrats look at caucus system for presidential nomination April 16
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.