Seahawks call Marshawn Lynch allegations “bogus”
Instead, the Seahawks fired back, calling the accusation against their star running back “bogus.”
“While we maintain the utmost respect for the investigative process, after speaking with Marshawn, we are comfortable these accusations are bogus,” a team spokesperson said in a statement.
A Bellevue Police Department spokesperson said via email Tuesday that there were no new details to release involving the investigation, but said, "This case remains a high priority for our department, and we are committed to bringing this investigation to a quick resolution. We have a full time detective working this case, and that detective has made significant progress in investigating these allegations fully and thoroughly."
Following Tuesday's practice, Seahawks coach Pete Carroll was asked about Lynch and said, "I’m just going along with the statement that we made for right now. I’ll just support whatever the statement was from the club."
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks Irvin, Bennett fined for Super Bowl scuffle Feb. 6
- Seahawks sign G/C Jared Wheeler Feb. 6
- Seahawks S Earl Thomas has torn labrum, will have surgery Feb. 5
- Pete Carroll on the Today Show: ‘Think how strong we’ll be coming out of this’ Feb. 5
- Richard Sherman’s son arrives four days after Super Bowl Feb. 5
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.