Seahawks make first round of cuts
The Seahawks released CB Terrell Thomas and T Wade Smith, and because those two are vested veterans, they are not subject to waivers and become free agents immediately.
The Seahawks also waived T Cory Brandon, RB Demitrius Bronson, S Mike Dobson, DE Jackson Jeffcoat, WR Kevin Smith and CB Thomas "Trey" Wolfe. Those players are subject to waivers.
Seattle will have to make seven more moves to get its roster down to 75, though some of those could come in the form of placing players on injured reserve.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Undrafted rookie Brock Coyle likely to start for Seahawks at middle linebacker Oct. 29
- Seahawks sign FB Will Tukuafu and LB L.J. Fort, plus a few injury updates Oct. 29
- Pete Carroll and Seahawks players on Marysville Pilchuck football's visit Oct. 29
- Wednesday Seahawks links: a visit from Marysville Pilchuck football Oct. 29
- Seahawks don’t make a trade, but waive TE Brett Brackett and WR Phil Bates Oct. 28
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.