Seahawks make first round of cuts
The Seahawks released CB Terrell Thomas and T Wade Smith, and because those two are vested veterans, they are not subject to waivers and become free agents immediately.
The Seahawks also waived T Cory Brandon, RB Demitrius Bronson, S Mike Dobson, DE Jackson Jeffcoat, WR Kevin Smith and CB Thomas "Trey" Wolfe. Those players are subject to waivers.
Seattle will have to make seven more moves to get its roster down to 75, though some of those could come in the form of placing players on injured reserve.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Wagner on making the Pro Bowl; Wilson and Bennett on being left out Dec. 24
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson named NFC offensive player of the week Dec. 24
- Five Seahawks named to Pro Bowl roster Dec. 23
- Notes from Pete Carroll's Tuesday press conference Dec. 23
- Punters do teleconferences too: a chat with Bothell HS grad Johnny Hekker Dec. 23
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.