Seahawks fill 8 of 10 practice squad spots
Those are all players who spent camp with the Seahawks and were cut Saturday, which in part has to do with Seattle’s depth, but also has to do with the logistics of this week. Before a player could be signed to a practice squad, he had to clear waivers Sunday, which meant anyone the Seahawks were going to have on the field for their first practice of the week would have had to already be around. It’s entirely possible that the Seahawks could look to fill its final two spots with players from other teams’ cut list, or even switch out some of the current practice squad roster in the next couple of weeks.
One player the Seahawks couldn’t add to their practice squad was fullback Kiero Small, a seventh-round pick who instead signed with Cleveland’s practice squad.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Quotes from Seahawks 4th-round picks Terry Poole and Mark Glowinski May 2
- Seahawks pick two offensive linemen in the fourth round May 2
- Quotes from John Schneider/Pete Carroll Friday press conference May 1
- Seahawks 2nd-round pick Frank Clark to fans: ‘have faith in me’ May 1
- Seahawks trade up in 3rd round to pick Kansas State WR Tyler Lockett May 1
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.