Seahawks DE Michael Bennett on why quarterbacks are like Brussels sprouts
“Quarterback is the only position where you can be mediocre and get paid,” Bennett says, bringing up players, without naming them, who have made a ton of money without winning a lot of games or putting up big numbers.
And that explains why Bennett says quarterbacks remind him of being forced to eat his vegetables as a kid.
“It’s almost like when you’re a kid and your mom gives you Brussels sprouts; you need them but they taste nasty,” Bennett said. “And that’s how I feel about quarterbacks. You need them, but they taste nasty.”
“That’s how I feel about the quarterbacks. The game needs them, but… I’m just excited to see somebody get paid like that.”
Now Rodgers, he’s no Brussels sprout, according to Bennett.
“He’s more like a green bean,” Bennett said. “He’s a good quarterback. He’s won an MVP, won a championship. He’s an expensive vegetable. You get him at Whole Foods, not Safeway. He’s a great quarterback.”
Bennett says his fellow defensive linemen are regularly overlooked, though him less so than others.
“Who knows the defensive linemen?” Bennett said. “Ever one in a while you hear about a (Jadeveon) Clowney or somebody, but pretty much we go unknown... Unless they can dance and they’re good looking, so me, I don’t have a problem.”
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Bruce Irvin and Jimmy Graham appear to have buried the hatchet April 13
- No, Russell Wilson isn’t going to play baseball April 13
- Seahawks preseason schedule announced April 9
- Seahawks DE Michael Bennett denies trade report; still ‘feels the same way’ about Jimmy Graham April 9
- Lloyd McClendon ‘much more comfortable’ with Mariners’ current lineup vs. lefties April 7
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.