Business Columnist | firstname.lastname@example.org
For the second time in as many weeks, educators have joked that I was scaring them about retiring.
In the end, these readers felt that they would be OK, but the steady news of retirement woes have them thinking of plans A, B and C.
I'm a long way from retirement. But as time passes, I've become more aware of the challenges of leaving the workforce and trying to live off my savings. It's hard to stay optimistic, even if you've done well for yourself, when...
Here's a no-brainer: Mothers and fathers have different styles of communication when it comes to talking about money.
Fidelity Investments released a study showing that mothers have far more substantive discussions about money than fathers do when talking about estate planning or wills, health and elder care topics, and the ability to cover living expenses in retirement.
Turns out moms are also a little easier to talk to. Sixty-four percent of mothers surveyed...
With so many families still trying to recover from the Great Recession, the wealthy aren't feeling much love from the American public.
The average net worth of households in the upper 7 percent of the wealth distribution chain increased 28 percent during the first two years of the nation's economic recovery compared with a 4 percent drop for households in the lower 93 percent, according to a Pew Research Center analysis of data from the Census Bureau.
- Author provides keys to a happy, worry-free retirement April 18
- Make April your month to boost financial literacy April 7
- Financial Final Four capitalizes on bracket madness March 26
- Don’t guess; find out now what you’ll need to retire March 21
- It wouldn’t be tax time without a few glitches March 19
- If youre getting a big tax refund, youre doing it wrong March 12
- Real life, not D.C. mess, dominates financial discussion March 7
- Obama's college scorecard too vague to be useful February 25
- Pursuit of 'stuff' led to downfall of Jesse Jackson Jr. February 21
- Dont cut car insurance until trying Crash-o-Matic February 19