Local Columnist | firstname.lastname@example.org | 425-339-3460
It's a mystery why Elton Erford always carried a $10 bill from 1880. For years he kept the antique banknote in his wallet, folded and tucked away. His reason is lost to time.
A son of Nebraska, Erford was born in 1897 and died in 1949. He made his life in Seward, Nebraska, where Everett's Jean Pedigo grew up. Erford was her father.
Jean Pedigo, who turned 90 in December, knew about her late father's old bill, but had lost track of it. She recently found it in...
Russell Wilson is everywhere. Clearly, job one is in Arizona preparing for Sunday's Super Bowl. The Seahawks quarterback is a pitchman for Alaska Airlines. He is the public face of the Strong Against Cancer campaign at
It isnít Everettís prettiest drive. It isnít Everettís easiest drive. It isnít even the most logical way for me to go when I exit northbound I-5 to get home, or when I head south.Itís Broadway, and it happens to be the way I do go ó mostly out of habit.
- Camano teacher is such a Packers fan she even owns stock in the team January 14
- In songs and speeches, voices help keep MLK’s dream alive January 11
- Ross Kane brought courage, original thinking to politics January 9
- Seahawks on the big screen at the Historic Everett Theatre January 7
- A new baby restores optimism in the world-weary among us January 4
- Herald 'Seems Like Yesterday' columnist Jack O'Donnell is retiring December 31
- College students use break to teach hoop skills to kids December 26
- Everett exchange student is a long way from her Bethlehem home December 24
- Website finds stories behind county's historic corners December 21
- Small change reaps big rewards in Salvation Army’s red kettles December 19