Business Columnist | email@example.com
Remember Bernard L. Madoff? He should be as well-known to investors as is Warren Buffett, but for different reasons.
Buffett is known for investment success and philanthropy. Madoff should be remembered as the embodiment of deceitfulness.
Five years ago, on Dec. 11, 2008, Madoff was arrested for running what has been labeled as one of this country's largest Ponzi schemes. Madoff, who had been a prominent member of the securities industry and the chairman of...
Can I confess? There was one time I got into credit card trouble and it scared me quite a bit. I had a department store credit card.I was just starting out as a reporter for The Baltimore Evening Sun. I wanted some nice clothes for work and a few items for my newly purchased condominium, which I bought a year out of college.
Got a problem with your student loan? Not sure where to turn when the company managing your payments isn't responding to your complaints?
Come March, you'll have a powerful ally because the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau will have supervisory authority over nonbank student loan servicers. The agency already had the authority to supervise student loans handled by the largest banks. Now its expanded power will include nonbank servicers that manage more than 1 million...
- Details wont satisfy sibling and only feed her jealousy December 4
- More considerations if your presents are plastic December 1
- You can have voice on debt collection reform November 20
- Please give to disaster relief agencies, but give wisely November 17
- How scarcity rules our financial choices November 13
- Veterans can get free financial advice on Veterans Day November 10
- Medicare Part D penalty may not apply for many November 6
- Be sure to look at Medicare changes during open enrollment November 3
- Obamacare prescription for enrollment: Patience October 30
- How to prepare for next unplanned financial crisis October 27